Saturday, January 17, 2009

Mt Hope Civil War Stones - 2

I find when I drive now I am always 'scouting' out those tucked away cemeteries. Today I found a rather small cemetery along Route 21 between Canandaigua and Manchester, it is a candidate for some snapshots and postings. The stones look rather tilted so I will have to see if it is a cared for cemetery. Also, a work friend told me about a small cemetery down the way from me that might be interesting as well. I was at the Ontario County Historical Society the other night and there on a shelf in their research room was book upon book of cemeteries. So, plenty of resources are at my fingertips.

This post is two more stones from Mt Hope Cemetery in Rochester, New York:



Fredrick Berghaus
Co M
4 NY Cal
Died Apr 22 1894
Aged 80 YRS



Wm H Hampton
Co E
58th NY Vol
Died June 22 1894
Aged 50 YRS

No comments:

Post a Comment